The Commission comprises nine members of the House of Delegates, of whom at least five also serve on the House Appropriations Committee, and five members of the Senate, of whom two also serve on the Senate Finance Committee. Delegates are appointed by the Speaker of the House, and Senators by the Senate Rules Committee. The Chair is elected by a majority of Commission members and traditionally has rotated every two years between the House and Senate. The Auditor of Public Accounts is a non-voting, ex officio member.
House of Delegates members
- Delegate Robert D. Orrock, Sr.
- Delegate David B. Albo
- Delegate M. Kirkland Cox
- Delegate S. Chris Jones
- Delegate R. Steven Landes
- Delegate James P. Massie III
- Delegate John M. O'Bannon III
- Delegate Kenneth R. Plum
- Senator Thomas K. Norment, Jr.
- Senator Emmett W. Hanger, Jr.
- Senator Janet D. Howell
- Senator Ryan T. McDougle
- Senator Frank M. Ruff, Jr.
Ex-officio, non-voting member
- Martha S. Mavredes, Auditor of Public Accounts